Monday, March 07, 2005

Was I wrong??

Well something happened which made me introspect. It all started on Thursday morning... I got a call from TCS for an interview... I was overjoyed at the prospect... didn't care much for the job but for the tech interview. The fact that I had offers from three software firms without even going through a proper tech interview bored me....
I'm the kindda guy who love being reminded that I lack somethin... its my belief that having knowledge means knowing what you dont know...uuuh enough of this crap..now i'll tell exactly what happened.

yup so I got a call and went to SJM towers( in bangalore obv).. filled a form and just for the heck of it wrote 6 lacs as my expectation for the starting salary.( the pursuit was followed by my colleagues Ravi and Shyam)...

So cutting the long story short... I went in to give my first tech interview... and he asked me "what is the diff b/w c and c++, wats polymorphism" ... I felt sick... he expected that I cram the book and vomit out the rehearsed excerpts.... I didn't fare well... not even when he asked me an example of dynamic overloading... cursing myself I went thru the ordeal... next was HR round.... my turn was last and Ravi and Shyam had already pissed him a lot so the HR personnel directly asked me if my expectation were the same... I said yes... my pitch was high.. almost aggressive... actually I was quite frustated by the work environment there... it was like some government office in UP minus the pan spit spots...

I asked the Hr what kindda job I might be doing if I make it through... he said nothing for the first 3 years.. may be testing, documentation and or customer support... and if luck I might work on the code after that... It was outrageous.... I had written research as my preference so he told me that the Company's req doesn't match my prolfile ... I gave him a "I Dont Give a Sh** Look" and walked out...

I dont know whether I was being a snob or what... but I really dont like the idea of letting my brain decay...
And for all the TCS people reading this.. I pity u guys..

No comments:

Post a Comment